Monday, June 29, 2009

I dodged a bullet Friday night.



So on Friday night a really close friend tried to kill me.
Not in the literal sense, but figuratively, of course.
Although I survived, I don't recognize my life at the moment, or my self for that matter.
I guess that's what happens when you are sort-of, almost killed, your perspectives change.

Everything "looks" different, because everything is different.

It also might have to do with the fact that I haven't eaten solid foods in 3 days.
See, I started this juice fast/cleanse Saturday morning, so I have been living on pre-bottled fresh fruit and veggie juices, as well as wheat grass shots. Nothing solid - No caffeine - No sugar.

I have no vices.

The last time someone tried to kill, me I had vices. Lots of them.
I lived on coffee, diet pills, booze, salty foods and chocolate. None of it helped, I just felt worse.

This time though, I feel "lighter", even with the weight of the pain I am feeling, I feel lighter.

Maybe it's just low blood sugar, or the epsom salt scrubs and lavender oil soaks, or maybe it's that I have a new lease on life.

It's character building to be able to treat triumph and disaster "just the same".

PS-
How about that Sonia Sotomayor? "Wise Latina woman", my ass.
And what about Obama going back on yet another campaign pledge? I thought people under earning under $250 thousand weren't going to get a tax increase?
And did you hear about the EPA, suppressing a study, debunking global warming? I'm so over all the bullshit- bring back the plastic bags!












1 comment:

  1. Apparently A "Wise Latina Woman" just got her "Better Decision" booted my a bunch of "White Males."
    May you find all that you aspire to.

    ReplyDelete