Monday, April 27, 2009

The American Dream


You gotta love this- This is Obama's chief economics director, nodding off during a speech the President was giving last week.

Last night, Chris Wallace asked Larry "Slumbers" Summers, if he found Obama's speech to be boring. He said he was just "dreaming the American Dream".  
At least he has a sense of humor during what Obama calls "the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression".

Maybe it's the fact that before working for the White House he worked for D.E. Shaw. His salary was $5,000,000 a year, and he worked ONE DAY A WEEK!  That is about $100,000 a day ($96,153.85 before taxes).
Now I know I never let the truth get in the way of a good story, but he confirmed this last night on Fox New Sunday with Chris Wallace. I am not blowing smoke up anyone's ass on this. $5 million a year- one day a week. 

When asked what he did for that salary, he said "I provided strategic advice on a range of economic judgments". 

Why don't they talk about this gig at job fairs? Not that I have ever attended a job fair, but if I had ever attended a job fair, you know, I might have considered a career in strategic economic judgments and stuff. 

*In the spirit of full disclosure, I am in Community College, struggling through Pre-Algebra. 

No comments:

Post a Comment