Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Amends:



I have to make an amends to the President for criticizing his gift to the Queen on Sunday April 5, 2009. I have just been informed by Kate Connolly and Holly Bailey, of Newsweek, that in addition to the iPod, the Queen was also given a very rare songbook signed by Richard Rodgers. The Queen's favorite musical is Rodgers and Hammersteins's Oklahoma! so this was very thoughtful. Moreover, it was a lot more sophisticated then just an iPod, like I blogged about previously.
The girls also informed me that it was PM Gordon Brown that gave Obama the multi-volume bio of Winston Churchill, not the Queen. So in all actuality, I think the Queen made out pretty good with that gift exchange. The Obama's just got the standard framed photo of the Queen and Duke. Lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment